1.18.2008

JANET JACKSON ‘DISCIPLINES’ US




Recently, I was doing some cardio on the treadmill and Janet Jackson's new video ‘Feedback’ popped up. I was like okay; SCREAM pt. 2 meets Rhythm Nation all over again! I’m certain the new single will generate some positive buzz if allotted heavy radio spins.

According to Janet, "Discipline has been much on my mind," she says. "It's the idea that unifies the songs on this record. As a concept, and even a lifestyle, discipline goes extremely deep. It can be applied to so much about ourselves. In my case, I see it as one of defining aspects of my character. Discipline was there for me from the start. But it was not until this record that I began to understand its full meaning. In putting Discipline out front-- as both the title of the album and title of a song about sexual surrender--I wanted to announce that I was venturing into new creative waters. That meant working with producers like Jermaine Dupri, Criss Cross, Bow Wow Rodney Jerkins,and Ne-Yo, whose songs spoke to the immediacy of my emotions. Like all my records, this one, whether intentional or not, has autobiographical roots. It's difficult for me to work any other way. I don't feel it, if I don't believe it, I can't sing it”.

After watching I said Janet’s seamless footwork and agile movements are still intact!

Check out Janet Jackson’s ‘Feedback’ Video.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if I'm feeling this video... It doesn't feel fresh... She needs 2 call Danja Hands