2.23.2008

RIP THE RUNWAY: DID IT REALLY RIP?

I missed BET’s ‘Rip the Runway’ show [earlier this week] for a second year straight. The show lost their style swagger and style oomph. I remember in early years attending the show and having a grand time! I still reminisce on the Dougie Fresh and Slick Rick tear-down-the-house performance in ’06. And actually, true fashion forwards (Eva Pigford + Fonzworth) were hosts. After seeing last night recaps, it became clear I didn’t miss anything. No new WOW designers (Sean John again showing) came across and I wondered why? They’re so many urban and talented fresh-face designers to pick and refuse from.

The patrons also forgot the dress-code memo. They trickled in as if they were walking a average day on the pavement. Overlooking their lackadaisical style cues, I was elated to see the refreshing Zac Posen; a well-dress Sean Combs, and Nelly in age-appropriate attire.

I’ll be able to give a full assessment once the show debuts on Tuesday, March 4th at 9 pm EST.


Zac Posen sporting a relaxed three-piece w/punch of red accents.

It's the first time I've seen Nelly suited up. Great look Nelly. Simply Great.
Sidebar- Is Nelly flirting with Lauren or is she blushing because he's displaying extra swagger?

Sean Combs flashing in 'Sean John Black Label.'


No comments: