1.27.2009

KANYE WEST & LOUIS VUITTON ?


Since the onset of the heavily circulated Kanye-Louis design apprenticeship news (mostly footwear) , I have been fully embedded—waiting for the final creation. I wanted to see what the self-proclaimed LV Don would master up!! Coming from an Art background, I figured power and stellar designs would seep from Kanye’s palms. To be candor, I was NOT impressed with the final execution. After tuning into Louis Vuitton’s Paris show for the footwear premiere, I wasn’t the bit WOWED! Like not even a little. It didn’t grip nor interest my purchasing pockets. I liked hearing his vision and semi- methodic process for the mid-top sneaker construction.

The fiery red choice is a power statement, but the design aesthetics just doesn’t make the cut. I'm more apt to wear the white sneaker/boat shoe hybrid with tassle laces he designed for the collection. Kanye's Louis Vuitton shoe line plans for a '09 summer (JUNE) rollout.

I must say though, the sneaker splashed artfully on the Louis Vuitton runway in Paris.

Check video gabbing about LV menswear show:



The featured images below: Louis Vuitton runway still and Kanye West's white Louis Vuitton designed sneaker.




No comments: