Since March Mr. MSR been hearing steady buzzes about lifestyle label Emperial Nation. A few weeks back, early buzzes developed into swooning after landing the label's Aristocrat polo! The guillotine-logo shirt boast two standout elements: 1) Svelte fit. 2) Plush cotton jersey texture.
Emperial Nation visible design penchant towards history preservation imparts smoothly throughout their different collections (Harlem Renaissance, Civil War, French Revolution, Ottoman Empire, Gangs of New York, Wild West).Taking a bold, unique flair with eye-catching graphics and subtle design details Emeprial Nation have cemented a [fashion] stamp in history!
Mr. MSR's top Emperial Nation picks:
"He wears the finest clothes. The best designers, heaven knows, from his head down to his toes. Halston, Gucci, Fiorucci. He looks like a still.That man is dressed to kill" spilled off the lips of disco quartet Sister Sledge.
As Sister Sledge soulfulness filled the airspace, I was brought back to dressed-to-kill individuals I have seen in images. Nothing radiates more than confident people (I hate contrived dressing. Just straight stale and unoriginal) wearing their second skin, never missing a beat or step. The batch of camera-ready Gents below, just notice the innate ability to engage and own the shooting lens'. I don't even have to elaborate or conduct any style unpacking. The men in highlight, serves a fresh-to-kill-take-no-prisoner approach to their wardrobe assortments.
Sunday reading of NY Times' Style section turned on a lightbulb. Annie Leibovitz's incontestable talents sparkled, while glossing over Louis Vuitton's current bag campaign (pictured atop) starring astronauts Sally Ride, Buzz Aldrin, and Jim Lovell. Although critics may discount Lebovitz's credits, lets be frank, her storytelling moving images we just are not not seeing by the droves--especially in fashion advertising.
During studies at F.I.T. (Advertsing/Marketing major) , a professor penetrated the idea "a successful advertisement must always grab and engage ones emotions on several levels." I would say Louis Vuitton's Annie campaigns champion the professor's creed.
Annie Leibovitz X Louis Vuitton ad campaigns.
Over the course of digesting various reading materials we tend to stumble into hearty and fruitful information which leaves you a little more aware and mentally alive. In February Mr. MSR received a laundry list (Thanks Alexander) of 25 inspiring efforts humans should attempt to daily achieve and/or reflect on.
See how fully loaded and positively brimming the A-M-A-Z-I-N-G ADVICE just is!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Talk to God about what is going on in your life. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, 'My purpose is to__________ today. I am thankful for______________'
4. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli , almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king or queen, lunch like a prince or princess and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You are not so important that you have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals everything - but you have to ask and believe .
20. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are in need. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for__________. Today I accomplished _________.
24. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
25. When you are feeling down, start listing your many blessings. You'll be smiling before you know it.
When I think freestyle rap artists--or any performing freestyler' at that, I bridge a thought to 'installation performance artists' always. If you haven't seen a live performance artist session you are slacking. Tsk, Tsk. I have seen a fair of beaming-energetic art creators. I will now go on-record and say no one is competing with renown art wunderkind David Garibaldi. To see him in action is to witness art birthed to life. Garbaldi's paintbrush swirls, swooshes, and curving forms master visuals. To honor Michael Jackson, David created several arresting and captivating paintings of the music icon I had to share with MSR readers.
I heart some MJ Gents! Not Michael Jackson, but Marc Jacobs. Marc's inventive continuity blended with unprocessed design smartness revs Mr. MSR up season-after-season. It was clear in '06 , luxury giant Louis Vuitton, began revealing a new reintroduction back into the competitive booming industry. LV's monogramming underwent artistic reworking and treatments; the merchandise started embodying bolder prints and the high-designed footwear (for men's and women) became the rage on all earth corners. Speed forward into '09 and the luxe fashion label continues its creative involvement.
During a recent tour of TEN Magazine (Men) current issue, the new Fall Louis men's layout screamed a soft juxtaposition between art and design. If the clothes are this fantastically sharp and streamlined, just imagine the Fall footwear coming !!! Just can't wait!
LOUIS VUITTON FALL MENSWEAR HIGHLIGHTS:
The metal teeth zippered jacket is sending me in [manageable] circles. If by eyesight you know the talented outerwear maker, don't hesitate to shoot me a e-mail or note in the comment section.
I'm not sure when relishes for Dandies cruising on cycles arose but its visual sight every time brews my creative juices. (I believe my first GQ-styled spread I execute will be a cyclist summer feature.) A lot of my colleagues have been doing what I called " Cycling Stylin'." Dashing from home to boardroom, these cruise style crushers are habitually flushing out attractive summer assortments.
This summer season I'm note-taking scores of lightweight cotton and breathable linen suitings; crisp unbuttoned bold oxfords; well-kept summer footwear (boat shoes, canvas skippies, leather mandals (man sandals), driver loafers, premium trainers, etc.). So, be advised if I come over to you on the pavement with the digi cam it's because you're serving a well-likable inspired look.
A generous amount of Cycle Stylers on my radar.