2.24.2010

A. MCQUEEN: THE GOOD DIE YOUNG


Over the weekend I tuned up Dion Dimucci's "Abraham Martin and John" as Smokey Robinson smoothly renditioned the song. Overall the lyrics speaks on "great men we lost." As the track went along I fixed my thoughts on Sir Alexander McQueen.

During the world wind of New York Fashion Week news quickly ricocheted of the untimely death of design powerhouse Alexander McQueen. It wasn't a secret, McQueen dealt with dark emotions and angst oftentimes coupled with instant fame. The issues however massive, never seem to interfere with Alex's hit-after-hit seasonal designs!

Since his sudden death, supermodel Naomi Campbell have debut Alexander's Spring pieces for her runway shows to benefit Haiti. Although I'll miss his energetic collections I am pleased the Gucci Group will continue his design legacy moving forward.

Rest In Perfect Peace Alex.

Alexander FINAL McQ Collection





No comments: